Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2014

James Lamascus - Indian in a Colorful Blanket

I purchased this painting in yet another online thrift store auction. The colorful blanket and handsome face of the Indian caught my eye. While this is best called an amateur painting, it is still nice enough to be included in my collection. I like it a lot, and that's what is important. Lacking an official title, I've named it "Indian Blanket."

The signature reads "James Lamascus '92". I cannot find anything about this artist online. I just enjoy it for what it is - a very nice and colorful painting.

As usual, if anyone knows something about this one, please let me know!

Update: Apparently this painting is after artist Vel Miller's painting "Fire Woman", which has appeared on many decorative objects from prints to postcards to collectors plates. This appears to me to be a more masculine version of the original, perhaps meant as the male counterpart? Or maybe the artist here was just not very skillful. Either way, I still like it.

"Indian Blanket" by James Lamascus, oil on canvas, 1992

"Indian Blanket" by James Lamascus, oil on canvas, 1992, signature

No comments:

Post a Comment