Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Dean Logan - "War Feathers" Painting

Yet another purchase from an online auction was this lovely painting of an Indian Warrior in paint, feathers and regalia by artist Dean Logan. About all I could find about the artist is that he did the official art for the N'Amerind Friendship Centre in London, Ontario, Canada. I believe this is the same Dean Logan who is now a professional tattoo artist in Detroit, Michigan, but I'm not certain, only about 98% sure. I've seen pictures of a few of his tattoos, and the line work is almost spot on for style. There are some minor scuffs toward the bottom of the piece, but they're nothing that a mat and frame wouldn't hide. Chances are, that's what caused the marks in the first place.

Like so many of my other artworks, there is no title on this piece, nor can I find much of anything about the artist or this piece online. I've chosen to call it "War Feathers". If someone out there knows more about this, please write to me!

This piece makes a strong statement on my wall. The bold colors, clean lines and stoic expression on his face combine to make the painting really jump out at you. I'm very fortunate to have this in my collection.

"War Feathers" by Dean Logan, 1990

"War Feathers" by Dean Logan, 1990, signature

8 comments:

  1. I am interested in this art for personal reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I do still have the painting, but in all honesty I bought it because I liked it. My collection is not really for sale, but I'm always open to talking about anything I've posted. Feel free to email me at art.antiques.hound@gmail.com if you'd like to discuss this painting.

    Frank, The Bronze Hound

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dean Logan is a Native artist from Moraviantown First Nation between Chatham, Ontario and London, Ontario. There is nothing on the net or facebook about him, but he used to sell his art on t-shirts and I remember buying two from him. He is a wonderful, artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the info! He used to have a basic page up, I forget if it was on Myspace or Facebook, years ago. He had a few pieces of his artwork on the page. Yes, he is indeed a very talented artist!

      Delete
    2. Dean Logan 226-229-0061

      Delete
  4. I have like 8 pieces of Dean's work and know him on person . Great guy . He has done two big commission paintings for me super cool moose and bear . Love them .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes he did tattoo work in Detroit has crazy story's about biker gangs and things going down at that time in Detroit so he got out .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhhhh. What happens in the club house, stays in the club house. Ya it was pretty crazy back then, but a hell of a lot of fun and crazy sh!t that went on. I have his art on my body and hanging in my walls.

      Delete