Search This Blog

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bronze Paperweight, A Complete Mystery

I bought this bronze disc with an Indian bust on both sides at an antiques store that was having a sale. The price was really low to begin with, and the sale pushed me into becoming a buyer. My thinking is that this was cast as an advertising piece and meant either as a cloth or paper weight as it's fairly heavy. There are no markings on it, no signatures or chop marks or even slogans. I have no idea who made it, when or why it was made. The sides are identical save for a bit of verdigris (which I will be taking care of during my next round of waxing) and it's in beautiful condition. If anyone knows anything about this piece, please let me know!


Unsigned Bronze Disc, side 1

Unsigned Bronze Disc, side 2

No comments:

Post a Comment