Search This Blog

Friday, April 19, 2013

Sculptures by Michael Overholt

Next up I have a series of four faces that were done in limited edition bronze and two that are unique, made of reinforced epoxy resin with bronze accents. The artist is Michael Overholt of Pasadena, California (link posted to the right). I bought these from the artist himself, pretty much one at a time, when he was cleaning out his studio and liquidating his personal copies of his works. These are all Artist's Proofs. I was incredibly lucky to be in the right place at the right time. I only wish I had had enough money to buy the last bronze Indian he was selling!

These pieces are truly beautiful. I thought they looked nice in the pictures when I was buying them, but in person they are truly breathtaking. I don't have a favorite, or rather every week I have a different favorite. They are yet another reason I smile when I wake up every morning.

These bronzes are VERY heavy. They're around 13 inches long on average, and quite solid. I don't hang them from nails, oh no. I use SPIKES!

New pictures! These are a bit better than the originals. The signatures on each are on the lower right edge of the front on the bronzes.




"Prairie Dreamer" by Michael Overholt, bronze AP 4/10

"Prairie Dreamer" by Michael Overholt, bronze AP 4/10, back

"Prairie Dreamer" by Michael Overholt, bronze AP 4/10, edition

"Gentle Spirit" by Michael Overholt, bronze AP 4/10

"Gentle Spirit" by Michael Overholt, bronze AP 4/10, back

"Gentle Spirit" by Michael Overholt, bronze AP 4/10, edition

"Gentle Spirit" by Michael Overholt, bronze AP 4/10, signature

"Man Of The Desert" by Michael Overholt, bronze AP 2/10

"Man Of The Desert" by Michael Overholt, bronze AP 2/10, back

"Man Of The Desert" by Michael Overholt, bronze AP 2/10, edition

"Whispering Bird" by Michael Overholt, bronze AP 3/10

"Whispering Bird" by Michael Overholt, bronze AP 3/10, back

"Whispering Bird" by Michael Overholt, bronze AP 3/10, edition
"Face #5" by Michael Overholt, mixed media, unique

"Face #5" by Michael Overholt, mixed media, unique, back

"Face #5" by Michael Overholt, mixed media, unique, signature

"Face #4" by Michael Overholt, mixed media, unique

"Face #4" by Michael Overholt, mixed media, unique, back

"Face #4" by Michael Overholt, mixed media, unique, signature

Mr. Overholt even sent a very nice gift! It's a bronze bell that has a very sweet tone, as well as being quite pretty. He told me that he used to have them hanging all over his studio. It sure makes sweet music here.

Bell by Michael Overholt, bronze



2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm trying to find contact info for Michael; do you still happen to have any of this available? The link to his website no longer works.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I did! He seems to have dropped off the map.

      Delete